Let us go through some helpful Bible Verses About Courage and Strength/Bible Verses for Overwhelming Times in this post and you can bookmark for quick reverence and also share with friends and family in a situation that needs inner strength and courage that only God can give through Bible verses on courage and strength.
Bible Verses for Overwhelming Times from the Old/New Testament (NRSV)
35 Old Testament Bible Verses About Courage and Strength NRSV
Below are 35 bible verses for overwhelming times from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
1) Joshua (6)
2) Judges (3)
3) 1 Samuel (1)
4) 2 Samuel (4)
5) 1 Kings (1)
6) 1 Chronicles (3)
7) 2 Chronicles (7)
8) Ezra (1)
9) Psalm (3)
10) Isaiah (1)
11) Jeremiah (1)
12) Lamentations (1)
13) Ezekiel (1)
14) Daniel (1)
15) Haggai (1)
7 New Testament Bible Verses About Courage and Strength NRSV
Below are 7 bible verses for overwhelming times from the New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
16) New Testament (7)
17) John (1)
18) Acts (4)
19) 1 Corinthians (1)
20) 1 Thessalonians (1)
42 Strength Bible Verses and Courage Bible Verses (NRSV)
1) Joshua 1:6Be strong and courageous; for you shall put this people in possession of the land that I swore to their ancestors to give them.
2) Joshua 1:7Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to act in accordance with all the law that my servant Moses commanded you; do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, so that you may be successful wherever you go.
3) Joshua 1:9I hereby command you: Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
4) Joshua 1:18Whoever rebels against your orders and disobeys your words, whatever you command, shall be put to death. Only be strong and courageous.”
5) Joshua 2:11As soon as we heard it, our hearts melted, and there was no courage left in any of us because of you. The Lord your God is indeed God in heaven above and on earth below.
6) Joshua 10:25And Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid or dismayed; be strong and courageous; for thus the Lord will do to all the enemies against whom you fight.”
7) Judges 20:22The Israelites took courage, and again formed the battle line in the same place where they had formed it on the first day.
8) Judges 20:44Eighteen thousand Benjaminites fell, all of them courageous fighters.
9) Judges 20:46So all who fell that day of Benjamin were twenty-five thousand arms-bearing men, all of them courageous fighters.
10) 1 Samuel 4:9Take courage, and be men, O Philistines, in order not to become slaves to the Hebrews as they have been to you; be men and fight.”
11) 2 Samuel 4:1[ Ishbaal Assassinated ] When Saul’s son Ishbaal heard that Abner had died at Hebron, his courage failed, and all Israel was dismayed.
12) 2 Samuel 7:27For you, O Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, have made this revelation to your servant, saying, ‘I will build you a house’; therefore your servant has found courage to pray this prayer to you.
13) 2 Samuel 10:12Be strong, and let us be courageous for the sake of our people, and for the cities of our God; and may the Lord do what seems good to him.”
14) 2 Samuel 13:28Then Absalom commanded his servants, “Watch when Amnon’s heart is merry with wine, and when I say to you, ‘Strike Amnon,’ then kill him. Do not be afraid; have I not myself commanded you? Be courageous and valiant.”
15) 1 Kings 2:2“I am about to go the way of all the earth. Be strong, be courageous,
16) 1 Chronicles 19:13Be strong, and let us be courageous for our people and for the cities of our God; and may the Lord do what seems good to him.”
17) 1 Chronicles 22:13Then you will prosper if you are careful to observe the statutes and the ordinances that the Lord commanded Moses for Israel. Be strong and of good courage. Do not be afraid or dismayed.
18) 1 Chronicles 28:20David said further to his son Solomon, “Be strong and of good courage, and act. Do not be afraid or dismayed; for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the Lord is finished.
19) 2 Chronicles 15:7But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.”
20) 2 Chronicles 15:8When Asa heard these words, the prophecy of Azariah son of Oded, he took courage, and put away the abominable idols from all the land of Judah and Benjamin and from the towns that he had taken in the hill country of Ephraim. He repaired the altar of the Lord that was in front of the vestibule of the house of the Lord.
21) 2 Chronicles 17:6His heart was courageous in the ways of the Lord; and furthermore he removed the high places and the sacred poles from Judah.
22) 2 Chronicles 19:11See, Amariah the chief priest is over you in all matters of the Lord; and Zebadiah son of Ishmael, the governor of the house of Judah, in all the king’s matters; and the Levites will serve you as officers. Deal courageously, and may the Lord be with the good!”
23) 2 Chronicles 23:1But in the seventh year Jehoiada took courage, and entered into a compact with the commanders of the hundreds, Azariah son of Jeroham, Ishmael son of Jehohanan, Azariah son of Obed, Maaseiah son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat son of Zichri.
24) 2 Chronicles 25:11Amaziah took courage, and led out his people; he went to the Valley of Salt, and struck down ten thousand men of Seir.
25) 2 Chronicles 32:7“Be strong and of good courage. Do not be afraid or dismayed before the king of Assyria and all the horde that is with him; for there is one greater with us than with him.
26) Ezra 7:28and who extended to me steadfast love before the king and his counselors, and before all the king’s mighty officers. I took courage, for the hand of the Lord my God was upon me, and I gathered leaders from Israel to go up with me.
27) Psalm 27:14Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
28) Psalm 31:24Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord.
29) Psalm 107:26They mounted up to heaven, they went down to the depths; their courage melted away in their calamity;
30) Isaiah 41:6Each one helps the other, saying to one another, “Take courage!”
31) Jeremiah 4:9On that day, says the Lord, courage shall fail the king and the officials; the priests shall be appalled and the prophets astounded.
32) Lamentations 1:16For these things I weep; my eyes flow with tears; for a comforter is far from me, one to revive my courage; my children are desolate, for the enemy has prevailed.
33) Ezekiel 22:14Can your courage endure, or can your hands remain strong in the days when I shall deal with you? I the Lord have spoken, and I will do it.
34) Daniel 10:19He said, “Do not fear, greatly beloved, you are safe. Be strong and courageous!” When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”
35) Haggai 2:4Yet now take courage, O Zerubbabel, says the Lord; take courage, O Joshua, son of Jehozadak, the high priest; take courage, all you people of the land, says the Lord; work, for I am with you, says the Lord of hosts,
36) John 16:33I have said this to you, so that in me you may have peace. In the world you face persecution. But take courage; I have conquered the world!”
37) Acts 23:11That night the Lord stood near him and said, “Keep up your courage! For just as you have testified for me in Jerusalem, so you must bear witness also in Rome.”
38) Acts 27:22I urge you now to keep up your courage, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship.
39) Acts 27:25So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will be exactly as I have been told.
40) Acts 28:15The believers from there, when they heard of us, came as far as the Forum of Appius and Three Taverns to meet us. On seeing them, Paul thanked God and took courage.
41) 1 Corinthians 16:13[ Final Messages and Greetings ] Keep alert, stand firm in your faith, be courageous, be strong.
42) 1 Thessalonians 2:2but though we had already suffered and been shamefully mistreated at Philippi, as you know, we had courage in our God to declare to you the gospel of God in spite of great opposition.