This World could sometimes be filled with seasons of challenges. Thus, I have compiled over 37 Bible verses on courage that can connect you with God to be strong and courageous until the battle seasons are over. You can also use the sidebar for to drop prayer requests in your trying time for my wife and me to join you in prayers of faith.
Bible Verses About Courage From Old/New Testament (ESV)
32 Old Testament Bible Verses For Courage ESV (32)
Below are 32 bible verses on courage from English Standard Version (ESV)
1) Numbers (1)
2) Deuteronomy (3)
3) Joshua (5)
4) Judges (1)
5) 1 Samuel (1)
6) 2 Samuel (4)
7) 1 Chronicles (3)
8) 2 Chronicles (7)
9) Ezra (1)
10) Psalm (3)
11) Jeremiah (1)
12) Ezekiel (1)
13) Daniel (1)
6 New Testament Bible Verses On Courage ESV (6)
Below are 6 bible verses on courage from English Standard Version (ESV)
14) Mark (1)
15) Acts (2)
16) 2 Corinthians (2)
17) Philippians (1)
1) Numbers 13:20and whether the land is rich or poor, and whether there are trees in it or not. Be of good courage and bring some of the fruit of the land.” Now the time was the season of the first ripe grapes.
2) Deuteronomy 31:6Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”
3) Deuteronomy 31:7Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, “Be strong and courageous, for you shall go with this people into the land that the Lord has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall put them in possession of it.
4) Deuteronomy 31:23And the Lord commissioned Joshua the son of Nun and said, “Be strong and courageous, for you shall bring the people of Israel into the land that I swore to give them. I will be with you.”
5) Joshua 1:6Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them.
6) Joshua 1:7Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go.
7) Joshua 1:9Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
8) Joshua 1:18Whoever rebels against your commandment and disobeys your words, whatever you command him, shall be put to death. Only be strong and courageous.”
9) Joshua 10:25And Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid or dismayed; be strong and courageous. For thus the Lord will do to all your enemies against whom you fight.”
10) Judges 20:22But the people, the men of Israel, took courage, and again formed the battle line in the same place where they had formed it on the first day.
11) 1 Samuel 4:9Take courage, and be men, O Philistines, lest you become slaves to the Hebrews as they have been to you; be men and fight.”
12) 2 Samuel 4:1[ Ish-bosheth Murdered ] When Ish-bosheth, Saul’s son, heard that Abner had died at Hebron, his courage failed, and all Israel was dismayed.
13) 2 Samuel 7:27For you, O Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, have made this revelation to your servant, saying, ‘I will build you a house.’ Therefore your servant has found courage to pray this prayer to you.
14) 2 Samuel 10:12Be of good courage, and let us be courageous for our people, and for the cities of our God, and may the Lord do what seems good to him.”
15) 2 Samuel 13:28Then Absalom commanded his servants, “Mark when Amnon’s heart is merry with wine, and when I say to you, ‘Strike Amnon,’ then kill him. Do not fear; have I not commanded you? Be courageous and be valiant.”
16) 1 Chronicles 17:25For you, my God, have revealed to your servant that you will build a house for him. Therefore your servant has found courage to pray before you.
17) 1 Chronicles 22:13Then you will prosper if you are careful to observe the statutes and the rules that the Lord commanded Moses for Israel. Be strong and courageous. Fear not; do not be dismayed.
18) 1 Chronicles 28:20Then David said to Solomon his son, “Be strong and courageous and do it. Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed, for the Lord God, even my God, is with you. He will not leave you or forsake you, until all the work for the service of the house of the Lord is finished.
19) 2 Chronicles 15:7But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.”
20) 2 Chronicles 15:8As soon as Asa heard these words, the prophecy of Azariah the son of Oded, he took courage and put away the detestable idols from all the land of Judah and Benjamin and from the cities that he had taken in the hill country of Ephraim, and he repaired the altar of the Lord that was in front of the vestibule of the house of the Lord.
21) 2 Chronicles 17:6His heart was courageous in the ways of the Lord. And furthermore, he took the high places and the Asherim out of Judah.
22) 2 Chronicles 19:11And behold, Amariah the chief priest is over you in all matters of the Lord; and Zebadiah the son of Ishmael, the governor of the house of Judah, in all the king’s matters, and the Levites will serve you as officers. Deal courageously, and may the Lord be with the upright!”
23) 2 Chronicles 23:1[ Joash Made King ] But in the seventh year Jehoiada took courage and entered into a covenant with the commanders of hundreds, Azariah the son of Jeroham, Ishmael the son of Jehohanan, Azariah the son of Obed, Maaseiah the son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the son of Zichri.
24) 2 Chronicles 25:11But Amaziah took courage and led out his people and went to the Valley of Salt and struck down 10,000 men of Seir.
25) 2 Chronicles 32:7“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or dismayed before the king of Assyria and all the horde that is with him, for there are more with us than with him.
26) Ezra 7:28and who extended to me his steadfast love before the king and his counselors, and before all the king’s mighty officers. I took courage, for the hand of the Lord my God was on me, and I gathered leading men from Israel to go up with me.
27) Psalm 27:14Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!
28) Psalm 31:24Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!
29) Psalm 107:26They mounted up to heaven; they went down to the depths; their courage melted away in their evil plight;
30) Jeremiah 4:9“In that day, declares the Lord, courage shall fail both king and officials. The priests shall be appalled and the prophets astounded.”
31) Ezekiel 22:14Can your courage endure, or can your hands be strong, in the days that I shall deal with you? I the Lord have spoken, and I will do it.
32) Daniel 10:19And he said, “O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage.” And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”
33) Mark 15:43Joseph of Arimathea, a respected member of the council, who was also himself looking for the kingdom of God, took courage and went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus.
34) Acts 23:11The following night the Lord stood by him and said, “Take courage, for as you have testified to the facts about me in Jerusalem, so you must testify also in Rome.”
35) Acts 28:15And the brothers there, when they heard about us, came as far as the Forum of Appius and Three Taverns to meet us. On seeing them, Paul thanked God and took courage.
36) 2 Corinthians 5:6So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord,
37) 2 Corinthians 5:8Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord.
38) Philippians 1:20as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.